Thursday, May 6, 2010

Theme and Motif: Fate

Since my birthday's April 1st, I'm an Aries. Aries are adventurous, energetic, quick-witted, opinionated individuals. Aries are very active and jump into something quickly if it interests them. But if the activity boring and dull, they'll procrastinate, get distracted, and/or lie about it. Most of these traits relate to me. I feel like I can work at a better and faster pace when I'm working alone. If I want something that interests me, I go get it. Also, if I get assigned a task, like cleaning my room or doing homework, I often want to put it off for a while or I easily get distracted, like by my phone. If I put off my homework, I usually procrastinate. Sometimes when I want to get out of things, I lie about it, but it typically doesn't work. I'm a terrible liar. I choose not to lie about very many things because other people will instantly know the truth behind my exceptionally bad lie.

Fate is a key theme throughout Romeo and Juliet. I think there's a reason for everything in this play, and every little event that happens leads to another, causing a chain reaction. When Romeo and Juliet married, it was fate for the two of them to be together, because they're truly in love with each other. Also, the fact that Romeo was just banished from Verona, not sentenced to death, is fate. Romeo not being killed will lead to another event, good or bad.

2 comments:

  1. Thats so cool that your birthday is on April fools day! I think that would be really special

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree, April Fools Day means a very special person! I really like your insight on this, Nikki. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers