Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Conclusion.

Honors english has been quite the year. I feel like I've grown as a writer through the course of these 180 school days, especially with the help of this blog. I remember the first blog we were assigned at the beginning of the school year; at first, I had absolutely no clue what to write. Then after a couple of blogs, I was starting to get the hang of it.

The blogs we wrote such as "Reading", "Best Friend" and "Earliest Memory" were extremely fun to write because they allowed me to talk about past experiences and who I am as a person. The blogs that I wrote always had some of my personality in it. Another blog we wrote was "Great Expectations: Photo Post". Great Expectations wasn't exactly my most favorite book to read, but I had fun writing this blog because I had the chance to relate a theme from Great Expectations and a picture that has nothing to do with the book. I felt like I did an excellent job on that blog.

My writing style changed a bit during the middle of the school year. I didn't add as much of my personality in my writing as I did in the beginning of the school year, mostly because the blogs became more difficult and you had to reach to a deeper level. As I look back on those blogs, I've come to realize that they're boring and dull. I should've put more of my opinions into those blogs, instead of just relying on the information in the books we read, such as Animal Farm, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Importance of Being Earnest.

Blogging has showed me so much about who I am as a writer. John Lennon once said, "My role in society, or any artist’s or poet’s role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all." He's explaining that expressing yourself isn't about telling others what emotions to feel. Expressing yourself by writing is evoking your thoughts and opinions to others on paper or even by typing on a blog. Writing is an expression of who we are. It's that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers