Friday, October 2, 2009

Outside Reading*

For my outside reading assignment I'm reading Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. At first, I wasn't really interested in this book, but once I started to read the next couple of chapters, I started to get into it. It was extremely obvious to me that imagery was the dominant literary element. I figured that out when I read the first few chapters because the author goes into lots of detail and easily puts a picture in my head. Rebecca was written in first person, so the book would have to be thorough so the narrator could clearly tell what's going on in the story. I would say that the tone in this book is sentimental. The tone doesn't shift from chapter to chapter because all of Rebecca is narrated by the same character and stays very emotional throughout the whole story.



(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers